At a Glance
Reasons to Consider St. Pius X School
- Primary Montessori Program for Pre-K 3, Pre-K 4, and Kindergarten
- Lower Elementary Montessori Program Grades 1-3
- Upper Elementary Montessori Program Grades 4-6
- The only Catholic Montessori program in Maryland
- Traditional program for Grades 7-8
- 1:1 Chromebook program for Middle School; iPad program for Lower School
- Creative instruction and state-of-the-art technology available for continued engagement
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Excellent Parish/School sacramental preparation programs
- Commitment of the School Sisters of Notre Dame, the lay faculty and staff
- Challenging instruction in the core curriculum, Music, Art, Physical Education, Technology, and Library
- Pre-Algebra and Algebra I offered
- Spanish offered for grades 3 and up
- Tutoring Services
- Tuition Assistance Available
By the Numbers
- 14 Students per class on average
- 14:1 Student to faculty ratio
- 145 students enrolled
Positive School Environment
To foster a positive school environment where all students are educated in a safe and caring atmosphere, all Archdiocesan schools will follow established procedures for prevention and intervention for bullying, harassment or intimidation.
Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports (PBIS) has been implemented in every Archdiocesan elementary and high school to enhance academic and social behavior outcomes for all students.
SPX is proud to be accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
All Archdiocesan high schools and elementary schools are accredited as a system through AdvancED. Every five years, the Department of Catholic Schools completes a system-wide accreditation review, which culminates in a visit by an AdvancED External Review Team. Each school is evaluated based on the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools.